With Valentine’s Day being today, my friend asked me last week what my ideal Valentine’s Day would be like. Honestly, I never really thought about it. Partially because I’ve always thought of it as the man’s job to plan Valentine’s Day & also in part because I didn’t have a date so it didn’t really matter either way.
But for kicks & giggles, I thought I would indulge so here are some of the things that would help to make my Valentine’s Day a perfect one:
- Start the night before – any good event always begins with excitement & anticipation! By a man doing romantic things the day before & the week leading up to, it would really set the mood for me to have a nice Valentine’s Day.
- The day off – it would be absolutely amazing if my (future) husband called my manager at work to request the day off for me without me knowing (hey, I’ve seen it happen before!). But if not, me taking the day off to enjoy my entire Valentine’s Day would be great!
- Hire a private chef – going out to eat on Valentine’s Day can be costly, not to mention crowded. While I do enjoy having a reason to get dressed up, it would be incredible if my boyfriend or husband booked a private chef to come to our home to cook us a nice dinner. A customized menu along with a personal touch would be a great way to wind down Valentine’s Day.
- Something handcrafted – homemade gifts are nice, but when they are made specifically for the person it’s for, that’s even better. Whether it’s something with my initials, in my favorite color or hand tailored to my exact size, that’s the type of gift that would make my Valentine’s Day extra special.
- A getaway weekend – it’s always nice to go away, especially for a little romance. Whether it’s just a weekend drive or a quick flight, I would love it if my significant other booked a trip for us & presented it to me as a total surprise.
- Something to wear – it goes without saying that women love clothes! Whether it’s in the form of a shopping spree, gift cards or freshly purchased clothes found hanging in my closet, buying me something to wear is always a nice gift for Valentine’s Day.
- Plan something! – a day off, a weekend trip, a nice dinner & beautiful clothing is all good but nothing trumps a “man with a plan”. Whether it’s a concert, a picnic, a play or some other type of activity, I would love to have somewhere to go to celebrate Valentine’s. I’ve found that most men don’t plan too well (whether it’s a special day or not), so knowing that he went through the trouble of researching to find something that we both can enjoy would mean a lot to me. Having a plan for the day or for the entire weekend would be the best Valentine’s Day gift of all!!
What would your ideal Valentine’s Day look like? Let me know in the comments section below –