Similar to my other randoms, here is my latest list of things that people shouldn’t do (or say):
- Women who gloat about not having to wear makeup but they wear weaves – Fake is fake. Most women who don’t think they need makeup really do. Even if it’s just lipstick – there is nothing wrong with a little color to brighten up your face. Makeup does more than just cover up blemishes it adds to your overall appearance just like any other accessory. You may think you look nice as a plain jane but a splash of color never hurt anybody
- People who gossip about everyone’s business but get mad when you don’t share any of your own – If you are telling me about other people and their private lives then I know for sure that you will tell other people about my personal business. If I can’t trust that you would keep my business between the two of us, I won’t share anything with you. (I’ve had to come to this realization as my friends get married & chose to tell my business to their husbands. *less pillow talk, please ladies*)
- Other people that keep track of YOUR finances – How about you keep your eyes on your own account and make sure that your finances are in check? Unless they want to make a donation, other people should never be checking your checking account
- Don’t you hate it when someone compliments your outfit, but they can’t dress themselves? – When bad dressers tell me how cute my outfit is I always think to myself “Too bad I can’t tell them the same thing back. I really need to take them shopping with me.” After all, how can you admire my sense of style when you don’t have any?
- People who forget your birthday but hype up their own – I have friends who talk about their birthday months in advance, but can’t remember when mine is. If you want others to celebrate you on your special day, you should remember theirs. Isn’t there an app for that? Folks need to remember that it’s not always all about them
There are a lot of food trucks in the area that I live. I have tried a few of them but I never really got into the whole food truck craze. While I think the concept of a “mobile restaurant” is pretty cool I do think it’s kind of strange that someone can cook a whole meal inside of an automobile. Doesn’t it seem a little weird to eat food that was cooked right next to a transmission or an engine?
First off, I always worry about the cleanliness of food trucks. The same hands that handle the food also handle my money. Sometimes I see the workers use gloves but they don’t always take them off when handling cash. And that’s just not right. With so many hands grabbing at everything, how can they possible keep everything completely sterile? Besides, is the food from these trucks even made on location? What if the food is made in someone else’s kitchen & brought into the food truck before they open? Who knows where these meals really come from.
Secondly, I don’t like standing outside in the heat (or in the cold for that matter). Who wants to be outside in the sweltering heat just to get a burger? Sure food trucks have an awesome menu, but unless your food is THAT good it’s just not worth the wait. And in the wintertime when it’s raining cats & dogs that probably means the food trucks that I like won’t even be outside. Extreme weather conditions make it difficult to patronize food trucks.
Thirdly, because food trucks are always moving around it gets harder & harder to keep track of where they are. If I have a midnight craving for macaroni & cheese, how am I supposed to find my favorite mac’n’cheese truck if it’s moved across town? Not all food trucks are listed on the internet and can be very hard to find. The ones with the larger followings are easily traceable but unless you’re a “foodie” who can keep up?
I guess what I’m trying to say is that I think food trucks are good for niche meals. You just have to be careful in choosing the right one.
From time to time, I like to write about the things I see in the gym. One of my latest pieces was “Why Waste My Deodorant? I’m Just Going To The Gym”.
But this week, I wanted to write about the women I’ve noticed at the gym & how ridiculous some of them look:
- Wearing makeup to the gym – Why do women wear makeup at the gym knowing that they’re just going to get sweaty. I understand women who are coming from work who are already have makeup on but what about those who put it on just to go workout? There is no reason why anyone should be wearing makeup first thing on a Saturday morning at the gym. It’s actually more harmful for a woman’s skin because her pores can get clogged up. Plus, if you’re trying to attract a man at the gym he’s going to be more interested in your body than your face
- Women who coordinate their gym clothes – If you think that matching your tennis shoes to your sports bra is going to help you lose weight, you’re lying to yourself. It’s nice to look the part but women shouldn’t waste their money on fancy workout clothes. Remember, you’re just sweating not entering a beauty pageant
- Texting while on the treadmill – Why do I see women texting instead of running? Why is your phone even with you on the treadmill? What’s the point of bringing your phone into the gym anyway? You know you can’t focus while you’re on the phone. Unless you’re expecting some type of emergency phone call all cell phones should be left in a locker.
- If you are bigger than a “D” cup, you need extra support for your breasts – A simple sports bra doesn’t cut it for everybody. We don’t need you distracting other people, or knocking your eye out (lol). So if this applies to you, I hope you know who you are
- You shouldn’t time your workout based on how many TV shows you get to watch on the elliptical machine – It is nice to put in the earbuds & tune out the world but using a sitcom as a timer isn’t the best idea. You can’t get a good workout if you’re laughing while trying to run on a treadmill. Also, you can totally forget to track your progress if you get too caught up in watching a television show