How many things do you see wrong with this picture?
I see at least 2 things wrong: Why on earth isn’t he holding her bags, or walking on the side of the street closest to the cars? (And she’s pregnant at that!) This picture just goes to show that chivalry is dying a slow & painful death.
Men aren’t gentlemen anymore and women aren’t ladies anymore. A real lady allows a gentleman to show acts of chivalry. This includes:
- Opening doors – Any & all doors
- Giving up your seat for a female – Especially for elderly women
- Carrying bags – Especially the heavy ones
- Walking on the outside of the sidewalk – Even if you think this is an outdated notion, it still holds value
- Paying for dates – A lady should never have to come out of pocket
- Helping a lady put on her jacket or her coat
Ways a woman can show her appreciation towards a gentleman:
- Saying thank you to a man who holds the door open – Saying thank you goes a long way
- Offer to pay for things from time to time – If he buys the movie tickets, offer to buy the popcorn
- Serve a man – When eating at home, serve him his plate and don’t eat until he starts eating
Why aren’t men as chivalrous as they used to be? Have men gotten lazy? Or is it because women have fought so hard to be independent so men feel it’s not necessary anymore? Unfortunately, along the way a lot of gentlemen seem to have lost their charm. But there are plenty of women out there, like me, who still deserve (and expect) to be treated like a lady.
So to you gentlemen, even if you feel like some women are not deserving of your chivalrous efforts, please keep them up. The right lady will appreciate them.