Similar to my other randoms, here is my latest list of things that people shouldn’t do (or say):
- Women who gloat about not having to wear makeup but they wear weaves – Fake is fake. Most women who don’t think they need makeup really do. Even if it’s just lipstick – there is nothing wrong with a little color to brighten up your face. Makeup does more than just cover up blemishes it adds to your overall appearance just like any other accessory. You may think you look nice as a plain jane but a splash of color never hurt anybody
- People who gossip about everyone’s business but get mad when you don’t share any of your own – If you are telling me about other people and their private lives then I know for sure that you will tell other people about my personal business. If I can’t trust that you would keep my business between the two of us, I won’t share anything with you. (I’ve had to come to this realization as my friends get married & chose to tell my business to their husbands. *less pillow talk, please ladies*)
- Other people that keep track of YOUR finances – How about you keep your eyes on your own account and make sure that your finances are in check? Unless they want to make a donation, other people should never be checking your checking account
- Don’t you hate it when someone compliments your outfit, but they can’t dress themselves? – When bad dressers tell me how cute my outfit is I always think to myself “Too bad I can’t tell them the same thing back. I really need to take them shopping with me.” After all, how can you admire my sense of style when you don’t have any?
- People who forget your birthday but hype up their own – I have friends who talk about their birthday months in advance, but can’t remember when mine is. If you want others to celebrate you on your special day, you should remember theirs. Isn’t there an app for that? Folks need to remember that it’s not always all about them
With Labor Day weekend now behind us, I had the (mis)fortune of having to take a flight out of town. Well, similar to my gym randoms, I have observed a few randoms from my time in the friendly skies –
- The pilots should be required to come out & shake everyone’s hand after each flight – I just entrusted my life in your hands. The least you can do is come out & greet me. Even a surgeon shakes your hand and chats it up with you before cutting you open. Anyone who is lifting me 30,000 feet in the air should extend the same courtesies.
- If I ride on an older airplane, then I should get a discount on my airfare – After all, we are flying without all the bells & whistles of a newer model. Take Southwest for example – most of their planes are basic, don’t air in-flight movies, and don’t offer any other amenities like pillows or blankets. Same with Spirit Airlines, which specialize in flying no-frill airplanes. Most of these older planes are still in service so unless I’m on a plane with comfortable plush seating, wider aisles and better accommodations, I don’t think that I should be paying the same fare as if I were flying on a Boeing 757. Besides, aren’t all those older models already paid off anyways?
- Every flight should offer magazines & newspapers – Think of a beauty salon, barbershop, or even the doctor’s office. Don’t they all offer magazines for people to read while they are waiting? Why should the airplane be any different? At least in the beauty salon I only wait a few minutes, versus in an airplane I’m waiting for hours before I land. Yes, some people may try to take these magazines, but the doctor’s office doesn’t seem to have that problem do they?
- Why is there no heating on the plane? – Did you notice that there is only a nozzle for cool air and not hot air above each seat? I think that there should be an option for heat because sometimes flying at a high altitude in the middle of winter can get pretty chilling.
- Breath mints should be mandatory – To me this is a no-brainer. As close as everyone is sitting to each other, everyone should be required to pop a mint as soon as they board. Just like at a hotel, there should be a Starlight peppermint on everyone’s seat on the plane.
There are certain things in this society that just don’t make any sense to me, so I’ve decided to keep a list. I started that list in a previous posting, below is a continuation. Happy reading!
- Why do hole punchers cost so much? – I don’t know if I’m paying to organize my papers in a binder or if it’s just another way of purchasing confetti. And why are hole punchers so heavy? It shouldn’t take a 5 pound object to cut through a sheet of paper, which only weighs about 2 grams. Oh well, at least they make great paperweights.
- Why are garbage bags so expensive? – I’ve asked my friends this question many times & no one seems to have a good answer. In essence, I’m purchasing garbage since all I’m going to do is throw the bag away with everything else inside. It’s such a shame that the bag itself is worth more than its contents. =(
- All doors should be pushed only, not pulled – I hate touching nasty doorknobs or dirty handles and am of the belief that they shouldn’t even exist. Why can’t all public doors be swinging doors – you know, built like the doors in a restaurant kitchen? I’ll bet this would cut down on so much disease.
- I can’t wear a red shirt with tan pants anymore lest someone think I work @ Target – I remember the times when uniforms were restricted to warehouse workers or gas station attendees. But now, it seems anyone who works a register has to wear one. The thing that gets me is that apparently workers at Target can not only wear a red shirt but anything that has red in it. So it gets more & more confusing as to whom the real red–shirt wearers are versus their perpetrators. At least Best Buy employees all wear Best Buy polo shirts, so there is no question that they are at work. The workers at Target conveniently forget to wear their badges so unless I see someone with a price gun in their hand, I can’t assume that they work there. Do you know how many people I’ve insulted that just happened to be wearing red shirts? Geez! It’s almost like me walking into a courtroom wearing a robe, and getting offended if people think I’m the judge. If you happen to be shopping at one of these places then don’t wear red! And don’t get me started on Kmart; they seem to think they are Wal-Mart workers because they all wear the same colors – blue & tan. And here I was thinking that Kmart’s employees would wear red because it’s the store with the big red “K”. How silly of me to think that!
- Why do batteries always come in packs? I only need 2 (4 at the most) – Anybody with a remote control can feel my pain! I’m sure by now somebody has complained to Duracell about it, yet they keep making these multipacks. I really should start a petition and even write my Congressman. It’s just so unfair! And what do we do with the extra batteries in the pack? Put them in the junk drawer & forget about them, right?! I know I’m not alone on that one! Of course, when we need batteries again don’t we always forget about that half-used pack stuck in the bottom of the drawer and end up buying a brand new pack? I know I do! Aauugghh! There’s got to be another use for these leftover batteries. Maybe I’ll start selling them individually on EBay or give them away as Christmas gifts.
From time to time, I like to write about the things I see in the gym. One of my latest pieces was “Why Waste My Deodorant? I’m Just Going To The Gym”.
But this week, I wanted to write about the women I’ve noticed at the gym & how ridiculous some of them look:
- Wearing makeup to the gym – Why do women wear makeup at the gym knowing that they’re just going to get sweaty. I understand women who are coming from work who are already have makeup on but what about those who put it on just to go workout? There is no reason why anyone should be wearing makeup first thing on a Saturday morning at the gym. It’s actually more harmful for a woman’s skin because her pores can get clogged up. Plus, if you’re trying to attract a man at the gym he’s going to be more interested in your body than your face
- Women who coordinate their gym clothes – If you think that matching your tennis shoes to your sports bra is going to help you lose weight, you’re lying to yourself. It’s nice to look the part but women shouldn’t waste their money on fancy workout clothes. Remember, you’re just sweating not entering a beauty pageant
- Texting while on the treadmill – Why do I see women texting instead of running? Why is your phone even with you on the treadmill? What’s the point of bringing your phone into the gym anyway? You know you can’t focus while you’re on the phone. Unless you’re expecting some type of emergency phone call all cell phones should be left in a locker.
- If you are bigger than a “D” cup, you need extra support for your breasts – A simple sports bra doesn’t cut it for everybody. We don’t need you distracting other people, or knocking your eye out (lol). So if this applies to you, I hope you know who you are
- You shouldn’t time your workout based on how many TV shows you get to watch on the elliptical machine – It is nice to put in the earbuds & tune out the world but using a sitcom as a timer isn’t the best idea. You can’t get a good workout if you’re laughing while trying to run on a treadmill. Also, you can totally forget to track your progress if you get too caught up in watching a television show