Men, what would you teach your daughter that you wish your girlfriend or wife’s father had taught her?
Women, what would you teach your son that you wish your boyfriend or husband’s mother had taught him?
With half the year now gone I’m starting to focus on things that I can do to better myself. I even made a list and here are some of the things on it –
- Invest more in others – Although not all of my friends check in on me, I should continue to check in with them. You never know what someone else is going through.
- Be a better housekeeper – When I clean, I clean. When I don’t, I don’t.
- Cook more often – You’ll never starve with me but I would like to expand my ‘recipe repertoire’
- Study the Scriptures more – It’s always good to get in the Word!
- Drivitude – I am mean out here in these streets so I need less road rage & to work on my drivitude! (driving + attitude = drivitude)
- Be a better daughter – As my parents get older I should take it upon myself to check up on them more often. After all, they took care of me and the time will come when I will have to take care of them (or at least pay somebody else to do it for me)
- Exercise more – This goes without saying
- Eat better – This too goes without saying
- Donate to more causes that my friends are supporting – Every year I’m running in some charity marathon or asking my friends & family to donate on behalf of a dead relative so I need to support other people’s causes as well
- Read more – I used to be a voracious reader of anything that I could get my hands on. But this past year, I haven’t read nearly as many books as I did when I was younger. I need to pick that back up
- Budget better – This is a perpetual goal of mine
- Floss more often – I already floss several times a week, but this is so important and should be done DAILY
- Cry more – Crying is not a bad thing. Releasing tears can sometimes soothe to the soul
- Sleep more – I am a night owl by nature, but the older I get the harder it is to justify staying up late. I have switched my work out schedule to the mornings instead of the evenings so I really need to get up earlier