Like practically everyone else, I have a few (give or take) pet peeves. Here are a few –
- When people don’t have liquid soap in their guest bathroom – what’s up with bar soap in the guest bathroom?! I don’t want to rub my hands on the same bar of soap that every person has touched since the beginning of time. Liquid is always better.
- When the outside of the trash can is dirty – I know trash is supposed to be dirty (and smelly, and ugly, etc.) & all, but the outside of the trash receptacle should be kept clean, IMO. This indicates a sense of hygiene – no matter how much “mess” you may have, you can still keep it contained without “looking a mess”.
- My laptop & my cell phone show 2 different times – this is something that’s not supposed to happen, but it does. Every now and then I will see two different times on my screens. Fortunately, it has never caused me to be late or anything, but don’t even get me started on my alarm clock.
- When people face their babies towards them in a stroller – why on earth would you think that your kid wants to stare at you instead of seeing the rest of the world like you? They have to look at your face all the time during the rest of the day so why subject them to that when there are so many other things to look at? I understand facing them backwards in a car seat or even in a chair (at the dining room table or in a restaurant) but when your kid is in a stroller and you’re out for a run, turn the stroller around so that your child can take in the sights of their surroundings.
- Leaves the floor wet after a shower – so there’s been some pretty heated discussion around this. Some people believe that the purpose of the floor is to dry your feet & that your towel is to be used for the rest of your body. But I am a firm believer of drying off completely before even exiting the shower stall or bathtub. Each foot can be dried off right before hitting the floor outside of the shower but to avoid any excess wetness on your bathroom floor, a rug can be used to absorb the water.
- Different smells when a meal is cooking – who doesn’t love to walk into a room with the smell of good food wafting about? I do! I do! A good smelling dish can really lift just about anyone’s spirits except when there are too many good smelling dishes going on at once.
- People who chew gum with their mouth open – we all know that chewing with our mouths open is bad, but for some reason there are people who think that chewing gum with their mouths open is okay. People who chew gum with their mouth wide open are liable to start popping their gum and making a bunch of smacking noises. It’s annoying!
- When people complain about something that they do – why complain about a job that you chose?! I know there are aspects to every job that we don’t like, but if you are working/volunteering, etc. then keep the complaining to a minimum, otherwise, find something else to do.
- Dirty fingernails – just gross!
What are some of your pet peeves?