I love February! This is the time of year when I get to talk about Black history & all the contributions Africans Americans have made to this country. I really think that the accomplishments of my people should be highlighted all year, but especially during this month. And since it is February, I will also be writing about dating, relationships and love!
Here’s what Chocolate Vent will look like this month –
- Question of the Day: This will be on hold until March. However, I will post daily articles on my Facebook page instead.
- Sunday: I’ll continue to post a weekly sermon & a quote of the week from an African American preacher.
- Monday: These posts will be related to dating and/or relationships. #MondayLove
- Tuesday: I will post a weekly Black Lives Matter post, highlighting the loss of an innocent African American due to the racial impropriety within our justice system. #BLM
- Wednesday: These posts will be a random mix of humor, dating or issues affecting African Americans today. #WednesdayRandoms
- Thursday: These posts will highlight prolific African American authors. #ThursdayReads
- Friday: These posts will recognize African Americans who have been awarded a Nobel Prize because of their intelligence, hard word & sacrifice to society. #FridaySmarts
- Saturday: These posts will be about famous African American chefs or restaurateurs (and include a good recipe!). #SaturdayEats
I hope you are able to learn something about African American culture from my posts this month. Happy reading but more importantly Happy Black History Month!!