Are you not satisfied with your progress in life? If not, then it’s time to identify what’s holding you back. It might be poor time management, lack of sleep or even over commitment. Without identifying the root of the problem, it’s impossible to create any real solutions.
There are always some typically things that hold people back, regardless of what it is they’ve always wanted to do:
- You haven’t set aside a specific time for what it is you want to accomplish – you must make an “appointment” for whatever it is you’re trying to get done. A minute here & a minute there won’t get the job done.
- You’ve set aside the wrong time to work towards your goal – nighttime isn’t always the best to start working on a project, and if you’re not a morning person than that won’t be any good either.
- You have no idea how much time a particular project is going to take and you consistently underestimate the time it requires
- The project you want to complete is just too darn complex (like those items that seem to stay on your to-do list)
- You completely disorganized & can never find what you need when you need it
If any of these things sound like you, you should:
- Find and review your goals just one more time
- Honestly assess your progress and the likelihood you will meet your goals
- Arrange a “treat” for yourself this week – you deserve a reward!
- If you are unhappy with your progress, take the time to identify what’s holding you back.
- Identify at least 1 concrete way to move forward. Even if your problems are due mostly due to other people, you can still try to minimize the impact it has on you.
- Take one of your mentors out for coffee or get them on the phone & and discuss what it is you’re trying to accomplish, the problems you’re facing and any concerns you may have. Ask for advice and don’t forget to thank them for taking their time to help you.
- Commit (or re-commit) yourself to working on your goals for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Last, but not least, don’t forget to celebrate!