Whenever I date someone new I always have a very unique way of figuring out how much I like them. Of course there’s the “natural” way – that is, how they make you feel, how often you think about them when they’re not around, etc. All of those feelings are good & everything, but they are just that – feelings. And we all know that feelings can be fickle. In my field of work we would call that qualitative data, but I like having quantitative data also. A.k.a – a point system.
So what do I mean when I say I have a “point system”? Well there are certain things that turn me off and there are some things that turn me on when I’m dating a guy. Let’s review the things that can either give a man points or take them away:
- Calling frequency – no one wants to be harassed, but it is nice to know that someone is thinking of you. So how often a man calls means a lot to me. If he calls often it means I’m on his mind, and if he doesn’t call often enough that means he’s too busy to talk with me.
- Planning a date – it doesn’t take a Harvard trained lawyer to plan a nice evening out. However, a lot of times men will still call me & ask what I want to do or if I have any ideas for our date. While I appreciate them checking with me first, I do wish that they had something already planned and then giving me options versus expecting me to come up with the ideas in the first place.
- Does he dress nicely? – I love a well-dressed man. I’ve written before about how men are so lackadaisical in the way they dress that when they take a woman out they oftentimes are underdressed. If a man dresses nicely then he definitely gets more points in my book. He wants me to look good, and I want him to look good too!
- Is he affectionate? – I like affectionate men. Maybe not on the first date so much, but an appropriate level of physical touch is a good way to know if a man is into me. Nothing too much of course, but an affectionate man will certainly win points in my book.
- Frequency of texts – as I’ve written and other posts, I’m not a big fan of texting. It’s OK every now & then but it should not be our primary mode of communication. If a man sends me a lot of text messages asking me about my day, or any other topics then that is a huge turn off & he loses points.
Ladies, what things give you pleasure when a man takes you out? What gives him that “boost” over other men?
Guys, do any of these things seem too difficult to achieve? Why is it so hard to find a good guy to do these 5 simple things?