How many times have you made an excuse for not doing something, showing up late or doing something the wrong way? You can always make excuses, but the triumph lies in how you conquer those excuses –
- “I didn’t have the time” – Make the time. Everyone from the President to the Queen of England gets the same 24 hours in a day that you do. Make the best out of the time that you’ve been given
- “I didn’t have the knowledge” – Do what you know to do. If you have to ask someone for help, then ask someone for help. If you don’t have the know-how then introduce yourself to someone who does. If you need more education, go back to school. If you don’t know where to look, pick up a book.
- “I didn’t have the support” – Learn to support yourself. Not everyone has a strong support system or even the right type of people within their support system. Build your own team so that when you need them, they’ll be there for you.
- “I didn’t have the confidence” – Confidence comes with results. Do you know of any 400 lb person who has a lot of self-confidence? No, of course not. But once the first 100-150 pounds are lost that person becomes confident. And as the weight continues to fall off, they become more & more confident. Once you start working towards your goals, the results will come. And the results will start speaking for themselves.
- “I had a lot going against me” – Despite what’s going on around you, there just may be enough going for you. A lot of successful people didn’t exactly grow up in the best of circumstances. Look at Oprah Winfrey, Jay Z or Tyler Perry. Grant it, these are exceptions but the point is that life is what you make of it.
- “I had plenty of excuses” – Excuses will always be there. You get to make the choice as to whether or not you use them. Don’t let anything stand in your way once your mind is made up. One of the funniest little sayings I’ve ever heard is “Excuses & flies, I do despise.”
What are some of your best excuses? How do you plan on overcoming them? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below –