Last week I highlighted some key characteristics that I thought made a man unsexy. Well, that was only the tip of the iceberg. There are sooo many other things that are a turn off to me. Will they stop me from dating a good man? Probably not, but they sure are fun to write about.
Here we go:
- Long fingernails – I don’t know any women who prefer to be with a man who has long fingernails. They’re just not sexy. We don’t want our cheeks getting scratched up when he touches our face or be forced to look at the dirt underneath his nails that he’s bound to accumulate. Besides, what does a man need long fingernails for anyway? They’ll just get in the way when he tries to lift weights or fix a flat tire. Some men can get away with long hair, but not long fingernails.
- Don’t pay for the date – I’ve written about this before. Don’t ask me out & not pay. As a matter of fact, don’t take me out & not pay. It’s not sexy when a woman has to reach in her purse to pay for something that the man should be taking care of
- Text me instead of calling me – It’s hard to believe that 5 years ago this wasn’t even an issue. Sure texting was around but it wasn’t nearly as prevalent as it is today. Nowadays it seems to be all that men do even though they shouldn’t. I don’t care if other women are okay with texting, I am not. When you don’t take the time to pick up the phone & call me, you become very unsexy to me
- Not well rounded – It’s great when you meet someone who is an expert in something, but it’s even better when you meet someone who knows a little about a lot. One who may not know everything but he is at least familiar with a wide range of subject matters – that’s what I call sexy. I’ve met cute guys who are nice, funny and smart but haven’t been outside of the town they were born in. I know men who can talk my ear off about wrestling or art but know nothing about politics or technology. What’s the saying? “Jack of all trades, master of none” – this is the kind of man I prefer.
- Too many sexual partners – As I’ve mentioned before, there is nothing sexy about a man who has slept around. Sure that may mean they have a lot of practice but practice doesn’t necessarily make perfect. Look at Shaquille O’Neal or even President George Bush. Shaq couldn’t hit a layup no matter how many times he tried in his nearly 20-year NBA career, and President Bush wasn’t any better in his second term than he was during his first. Doing something repeatedly doesn’t always make you any better at it and there is nothing sexy about a man who hasn’t been careful about his past
- Cuss too much – Cursing is not sexy. Sure, sometimes curse words slip out accidentally or can really emphasize the point we’re trying to make but as with anything in excess, it should be kept to a minimum. A real man knows how to use his words wisely & chooses wise words
If I think of any more (which I’m sure I will) I’ll be sure to post them. After all, if these things bother me, I’m sure they bother other women as well.