It’s been a while since I’ve posted about my time at the gym. So this week I thought I’d share some more observations for your reading pleasure –
- I can’t go to a gym class where the instructor is overweight – If she tells the class to run in place, she’ll just stand there and watch. If she tells us to do 20 crunches, she won’t do any. If she tells us to do jumping jacks, she’ll jump down to tie her shoe. I mean really, all gym instructors must look the part. I don’t want someone leading the class who looks like me. I want someone leading the class who looks better than me!
- Why do gyms always have such small parking lots? –In a perfect world everybody would walk or jog to the gym but it’s like they forgot that the people who work out need to have a place to park their car. I understand that membership at a gym fluctuates from month to month so you never know exactly how many people will be there at any given time but once the parking lot is full, they should stop accepting new members
- I hate the loud music that the gym has playing – Why do they blast the music so loud that I can’t hear the songs playing from my own iPod? Everyone walks around with headphones so obviously people want to listen to their own music. We don’t want to hear the gym’s playlist; we want to hear our own. Isn’t it called an iPod, not a gymPod?
- Why am I forced to bring my own towels to the gym? – I hate that my gym charges me to use their towels. I get that washing & drying isn’t free but unless you want my sweat dripping everywhere, I suggest you let me borrow a towel for free while I work out
- Why bother coming to the gym and not even really try to exercise? – Some people put enough weight on the machines that only a 12 year old could lift. What’s the point? A lot of people go to the gym just to say they went to the gym. If you’re gonna go through the trouble to dress & drive to the gym you should at least break a sweat once you get there