I often write about the “good times” I have at the gym. =) Well, now it’s time for some more observations from my week at the gym:
- Men, don’t adjust yourself in public please – This definitely merits a separate post (which I will write one day), but I think it’s gross! I understand that moving around a lot while working out may constitute an “adjustment” but at least go to the restroom, turn away from the crowd or wait until you’re in private. How often do you see a woman digging around in her sports bra to move “things” around?
- No peeking – No one should be allowed to peek over at my machine to check my speed or see what level of incline I’m on. What I’m doing when I work out is my business and my business only. So what if I’m on the treadmill on a level 1 incline for 30 minutes? I may not be going very fast, but that might be the most that I’m able to do. Some people don’t even get that much exercise in a whole week. All I’m saying is – keep your eyes on your own machine., thank you very much.
- Farting in public – Some people just can’t hold it in, can they? All that grunting on the machines can really move the gas around in your stomach but constant offenders shouldn’t be allowed back. It’s already sweaty in the gym. Don’t funk it up any more than it already is.
- No Talking Zone – I understand a lot of people think that the gym is a good place to meet people (which it is) but it’s all about timing. If I’m on a machine gettin’ my sweat on then it is not a good time to try to holla at me. But if I’m walking around, standing in front of the fan or getting a smoothie then that would be the best time to come up to me.
- Thank goodness for football season! – I know the gym will be much emptier on Monday evenings now. Yeah!!