With half the year now gone I’m starting to focus on things that I can do to better myself. I even made a list and here are some of the things on it –
- Invest more in others – Although not all of my friends check in on me, I should continue to check in with them. You never know what someone else is going through.
- Be a better housekeeper – When I clean, I clean. When I don’t, I don’t.
- Cook more often – You’ll never starve with me but I would like to expand my ‘recipe repertoire’
- Study the Scriptures more – It’s always good to get in the Word!
- Drivitude – I am mean out here in these streets so I need less road rage & to work on my drivitude! (driving + attitude = drivitude)
- Be a better daughter – As my parents get older I should take it upon myself to check up on them more often. After all, they took care of me and the time will come when I will have to take care of them (or at least pay somebody else to do it for me)
- Exercise more – This goes without saying
- Eat better – This too goes without saying
- Donate to more causes that my friends are supporting – Every year I’m running in some charity marathon or asking my friends & family to donate on behalf of a dead relative so I need to support other people’s causes as well
- Read more – I used to be a voracious reader of anything that I could get my hands on. But this past year, I haven’t read nearly as many books as I did when I was younger. I need to pick that back up
- Budget better – This is a perpetual goal of mine
- Floss more often – I already floss several times a week, but this is so important and should be done DAILY
- Cry more – Crying is not a bad thing. Releasing tears can sometimes soothe to the soul
- Sleep more – I am a night owl by nature, but the older I get the harder it is to justify staying up late. I have switched my work out schedule to the mornings instead of the evenings so I really need to get up earlier