Sometimes I feel down due to the everyday challenges that life brings. One of the best things about being a Christian is knowing that despite my current position in life, I can always find favor with God (Proverbs 8:35).
I wrote a post earlier entitled, “It’s Not The Pace, It’s The Race”. As a child of God, I know that finishing the race doesn’t necessarily mean just getting through this week. It doesn’t mean even making it through 2013. It means living a life that is pleasing unto the Lord (Colossians 1:10). And the only way to please Him is to read His Word. So below I’ve written out some of my favorite verses for times that get me down:
- “The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him’.”(Gen 2:18)
- “Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.” (Psalm 27:10)
- “…Because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5)
- When You Feel Like You’re in Despair:
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- “…My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties…” (II Corinthians 12:9-10)
- “He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.” (Psalm 91:15)
- “The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.” (Psalm 9:9)
- “…Weeping may endure for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.” (Psalm 30:5)
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.” (I Peter 5:7)
- “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:37-39)
- “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (I John 1:9)
- “In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace” (Ephesians 1:7)
So if you’re not feeling well right now, don’t worry. Just pop a verse or two & consult with the God, the highest doctor in the world.